Mikhanova Ol'ga Pavlovna, Candidate of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of English language, director of the Center of quality improvement and additional training, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The higher education modernization process in Russia and competence-based education resulted in changes of the education results assessment. The aim of the work is to analyze some techniques and methods for the common cultural (basic/key) competences assessment.
Materials and methods. The author used a method of comparative analysis of documents, namely, diagnostic methods for estimating components of common cultural competences.
Results. The author has found out some techniques and tests as well as researched and matched them to the common cultural (basic/key) competences components. These tests and techniques can help to monitor the dynamics of the common cultural (basic/key) competences development and students’ personal development.
Conclusions. The results obtained show the opportunity to see both the existence and lack of the common cultural (basic/key) competences components.
1. Polonskiy V. M. Slovar' po obrazovaniyu i pedagogike [Dictionary of pedagogy and education]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 2004, 512 p.
2. Bol'shoy tolkovyy slovar' russkogo yazyka [Great explanatory dictionary of Russian laguage]. Ed. by S. A. Kuznetsov. Saint-Petersburg: Norint, 2003. – 1536 s.
3. Problemy kachestva obrazovaniya: materialy XV Vseros. soveshchaniya [Education quality problem: proceedings of XV All-Russian conference]. Moscow; Ufa: Issledovatel'skiy tsentr problem kachestva podgotovki spetsialistov, 2005. Bk. 5. Modular representation of social competences in the system of education quality improvement. 68 p.
4. Geykhman L. K. Interaktivnoe obuchenie obshcheniyu (obshchepedagogicheskiy podkhod): avtoref. dis. d-ra ped. nauk [Communication interactive teaching (common pedagogical appoach): author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of pedagogical sciences]. Ekaterinburg, 2003, 39 p.
5. Balin V. D., Gayda V. K., Gerbachevskiy V. K. et al. Praktikum po obshchey, eksperimental'noy i prikladnoy psikhologii [General, experimental and applied psychology tutorial]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter, 2006, 560 p. (Psychology tutorial).
6. Bordovskaya N. V., Rean A. A. Pedagogika: ucheb. posobie [Pedagogy: tutorial]. Saint-Petersburg: Piter,2006,304 p.
7. Nemov R. S. Psikhologiya: ucheb. dlya stud. vyssh. ped. ucheb. zavedeniy: v 3 kn. Kn. 3. Psikhodiagnostika. Vvedenie v nauchnoe psikhologicheskoe issledovanie s elementami matematicheskoy statistiki [Psychology: tutorial for pedagogical universities: in 3 books. Book 3. Psychodiagnostics. Introduction into scientific psychological research with elements of mathematical statistics]. Moscow: VLADOS, 2001, 640 p.